09 Nov 16
75th ANNIVERSARY MESS DINNER
1. SITUATION. This year marks the 75th Anniversary of 204 Black Maria Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron was formed.
2. MISSION. 204 Black Maria will host a mess dinner at the Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre at 1800 hrs the 12th of November 2016.
3. EXECUTION. Cadets and ticket holders shall report to the Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre no later than 1800 hrs on the 12th of November 2016. Cadets will be picked up at 2100 hrs.
4. Cadets shall wear C8 dress (Mess Dress). Officers shall wear No. 2 or No. 2A dress. Please familiarize yourself with the details on the website. Dresses are authorized for female cadets and officers.
5. Civilians are encouraged to wear formal wear if they have it available. Minimum expectations are collared button shirt and slacks. Please no jeans.
6. Cadets and guests are encouraged to vist the Squdaron Website page on mess dinners to familiarize themselves with mess dinner protocol and expectations. The page is located at www.204blackmaria.ca/mess-dinner.html
7. SERVICE & SUPPORT. Cadets are required to find their own transportation toCoast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre and arrange for pick up at the end of the event.
8. Rations are provided by a multi-course dinner.
9. COMMAND AND SIGNALS.
a. Official Host: Capt Kelly
b. Guest of Honour: Mrs Penny Doern
c. President of the Mess Committee: OCdt Harton
d. Vice-President of the Mess Committee: WO2 Burlock
204 Black Maria Squadron
Mrs Penny Doern
Director, BC Provincial Committee
Chairperson National Effective Speaking Committee Air Cadet League of Canada
In 1986, following a move to Kamloops with her family, Mrs. Doern served as the Supply Officer for the 204 “Black Maria” Squadron. She was commissioned as a CIC Officer in 1992 and served as the Administration Officer for that Squadron until 1995 when she and her husband moved to Victoria.
The Doern family relocated to Kelowna in the year 2000 and Mrs. Doern became actively involved with the B.C. Provincial Committee of the Air Cadet League. In 2002 she was appointed as the League Representative for the newly chartered 909 “Peregrine” Air Cadet Squadron in West Kelowna. In September 2004, Mrs. Doern was elected as a Director of the B.C. Provincial Committee and was also appointed to the position of Chairperson for the Okanagan Wing.
Mrs. Doern stepped down as Chairperson of the Okanagan Wing in 2008 when the family moved to Kamloops but she continued to serve as one of the BCPC Directors. In 2011, Mrs. Doern was once again appointed to the Chairperson position for the Okanagan Wing and continued until June of 2016 when she retired from that position.
In 2012, Mrs. Doern was awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for her service with the Air Cadet Movement.
In June 2016, she was appointed to the position of Chairperson of the National Effective Speaking Committee.
Mrs. Doern is married to Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Don Doern, who is now serving as Past President of the Air Cadet League of Canada. They have two grown children, both of whom are graduates of the Air Cadet Program.